Today Ive written the exam 70-453 (Upgrade: Transition Your MCITP SQL Server 2005 DBA to MCITP SQL Server 2008) and Ive cleared the exam. I would like to share the information regarding this exam. While preparation Ive searched for these information but I got very limited information on this, so I think this could be helpful for you.
Total Number of Questions
There are two sections in this exams. TS (Technical Specialist) and Pro (Professional)
- TS (Technical Specialist) 23 Questions
- Pro (Professional) 25 Questions
On total I got 48 questions. There is no simulation questions in this exam.
You need to get a minimum of 700 in both the sections, so the total passing score is 700
Time including writing Comments 155 Minutes
Exam time for both the sections 125 Minutes
Ive written this exam in NIIT (APTC), Chennai, India. They have collected Rs.2400 for this exam. Unfortunately they said there is no 25% offer (even though I have offer coupon) for this exam in Chennai.
We dont have official 70-453 preparation book from Microsoft publication. Instead you can try the below resources.
- SQL Server 2008 Books Online
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management and Administration Ross Mistry
- Learning Plan for Transitioning from MCITP SQL Server 2005 DBA to MCITP SQL Server 2008 (Exam 70-453)
- Download SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation Edition 180 days Trail and play with the new features
In simple I can say you need to have knowledge on SQL Server 2005 plus SQL Server 2008 New features.
Leave a Reply