Use this VB script to check SQL Server connectivity. You can add N number of SQL Server instances to verify its status.
- Download the sqlserverconnectivity.zip file and extract all the files to a folder
- Make sure connectivity.vbs, serverlist.txt and model.xls files exists in the same folder
- Open serverlist.txt file and add server name in each line.
- Execute connectivity.vbs file, it will generate a new excel file with the status
- In the excel created you can get the status in ServerStatus sheet and connectivity error details in Error sheet.