I have developed this utility to monitor the instances of SQL Server running in a machine (i.e only standalone and not remote machines) and to send failure mail alerts upon service status. When I tried this type of systray utility in internet I could find only utilities that are monitoring the service and not sending any alerts on failures, so Ive decided to add this feature in this. I hope this small utility could help you a lot.
Depends on three condition the systray icon will gets changed, If all the SQL Services are running then you can find a green play icon, if any of the SQL services is down then you can see a orange play icon, if all the SQL Services are down then you can find red stop icon as shown below.
|All the instances are running|
|One of the instances is down (in stopped state)|
|All the instances are down (in stopped state)|
- Make sure you have installed .Net 3.5 framework in the machine
Version : 1.0
How to use
Its very simple to use this utility
- Just add this utility to your system startup, so that whenever your system gets restarted this will sit in systray and monitor SQL Services for you.
- Open the utility, go to settings tab and configure your mail profile (if needed), thats it.
How to Configure
- Right click on the utility and click on open as shown below
- Now the utility gets opened as shown below
- To update the mail profile settings just click on settings tab and click on edit button , in this tab you can find all the details related to mail profile and each text box is self descriptive.
- If you enable the check box then you will get the mail alerts else the settings will be saved.
- Once you are done, just click on save button, thats it. Now on you will get mail alerts continuously until the service gets started.
Sample Mail Alert